Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Motivation

I am so excited to start this program! I really want to be a teacher so that I can work with children while watching them learn and grow. While I was in Elementary School I just loved my teachers! They were always so full of life and excited to learn that their desire to teach was contagious. I know that while I am in this program I will be able to learn and acquire the knowledge and tools I need to be a successful teacher. I hope that once I am ready to enter the teaching field I will be able to guide my students in increasing their love for learning.

I am generally motivated by accomplishing goals, and making myself and others happy. I love the feeling once a goal is accomplished. Even if I feel like my day was totally shot, if I can accomplish at least one goal I had set for myself that day I can feel like it was still a good day. I think I am motivated by accomplishing goals because I know that in order to accomplish the big things in life I need to accomplish all the small steps along the way. As I work on the smaller goals I am always keeping my larger goal in mind and that helps to motivate me. I also am motivated by happiness. If I know something I can do will bring happiness to myself and others, I am very motivated to accomplish that thing.

I think one of the main things that help me succeed is my family support and the values that I have grown up with. I have always been taught of the importance of finishing a job I start, and doing things right the first time. My family has placed a great emphasis on education and teaching me that I can accomplish any goal I set my mind to. I think without the support and encouragement of my family members it would have been a lot harder for me to accomplish all the things I have accomplished. When I fail, I think it is because I allow outside things to interfere with the goals I have. I love spending time with my family and friends, and sometimes allow myself to lose focus. It is hard for me to study when my husband is around just hanging out, but it is always helpful when he encourages and motivates me to accomplish the goals I have made for myself.

My motivation and perspective could improve for me to in order to more fully succeed in the program. I think the most important thing for me is to set aside time every night in order to study and learn and prepare myself for school the next day. I also think it will be important for me to set goals every semester and work my hardest to accomplish those goals. When I set short term goals that will help me to accomplish a larger goal it helps me to stay focused and on target in order to accomplish my ultimate goal. My biggest challenge will be to remain focused throughout the next two years, and being able to take all the knowledge and tools I will be given and learn how to effectively use them in my future classroom.

No comments: